The term Work-in-Progress (WIP) is a production and supply-chain management term describing partially finished goods awaiting completion. WIP refers to the raw materials, labor, and overhead costs incurred for products that are at various stages of the production process.
WIP Links are created on every Manufacturing and Maintenance Products.
- Navigate to the app menu > Products tab.
- Once in the Products section, select the product to create the WIP Link.
- In the related tab, find the WIP Link related list and click the “New” button.
- Enter the WIP Link name.
- Select the Process Cycle in which you want the output of the Finished Product.
- Select the Product, Version, Process Output Product, Process Output Version and Finished Products Site.
- Enter the Quantity and select the Type and Quantity Unit of Measure.
- Save the record to create a WIP Link for the product.