Payments can be received for Invoices, Debit Notes and Customer Opening Balance.
Record Invoice Payments:
When an Invoice is created against the customer, the Total Due of customer increases of the Amount of Invoice.
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable Tab which lists All the customers, Invoices, Payments, Credit Notes, and Debit Notes.
- Search for the customer in the search box to whom the invoice is created.
- Select the checkbox next to customer and click on Invoices sub-tab, this will list all the Invoices available for this customer.
- Details such as Invoice Amount, Amount Paid and Due Amount, etc are displayed.
- Invoice Posted (Yes/No) status is also displayed.
- Use the search bar to drill down a specific Invoice using Invoice Number.
- With the dropdown button at the end of the row Post the Invoice if not posted as only the posted Invoices can be used to record payments.
- Once Invoice is posted, use the same dropdown to record the payment.
- Clicking on the Record Payment option brings to a Customer Payment console.
- Customer Payment Console lists the Invoice, provides the Customer Balance and Available Credits.
- Add an amount in the Payment Amount box and select the Payment Account (Bank Account/Chart of Account)
- Add the Cheque/Reference/Transaction no if the Payment Mode is Cheque/Wire.
- Select the listed Invoice checkbox and click Save or Save and Post.
- Payment is created with a pop up showing the Payment Number.
- If Save is clicked to post the Payment later then navigate to the Payment sub-tab on the Accounts Receivable page and search the payment with the payment number and post it.
Note: Whenever Invoice and Payment are Posted, the system creates transactions and ledger entries in the back end.
Debit Notes Creation:
Debit Notes are created in two ways:
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable tab and to the Customers sub-tab.
- Select the customer checkbox to which Debit Note has to be created.
- From the dropdown button on the customer, row click on New Debit Note.
- Fill in the details and save.
The other option is
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable tab and to the Debit Notes sub-tab.
- Click on the New Debit Note button on top of the page.
- Select the Account (Customer), fill in other details and Save.
Record Debit Notes Payments:
To Record payments for Debit Note, follow the steps below
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable, select the customer and click on Debit Notes sub-tab.
- Search the Debit Note and with the dropdown Post the Debit Note.
- After posting, using the same dropdown button Record the Payment.
- Fill in all the payment details and Save or Save and Post.
- If not Save and Posted then go to the payment tab, search the payment and Post.
Create Opening Balance for Customer:
Opening Balance is added on the customer account and Chart of Accounts (COA).
- Navigate to the Customer detail page.
- If the Account Type is ‘Customer’ then select “Accounts Receivable” COA in the Customer Account lookup.
- If the Account Type is ‘Vendor’ then select “Accounts Payable” COA in the Customer Account lookup.
- Add the Amount in the Opening Balance field.
- Saving the record Total Due of the Customer will increase of the amount of opening balance added.
Record Payment for Opening Balance:
- Navigate to Accounts receivable and to the Payments sub Tab.
- Click on the “New Payment” button on top of the page.
- A popup appears with two options – Invoice and Customer
- Select the Customer checkbox
- Enter the customer name in the Received From box, Payment Amount, Payment Account, reference number if any and Save and Post.
- If not posted only saved then search the Payment in the Payments sub-tab and Post.