Create Manufacturing Orders:
You can create manufacturing orders for products by using the Manufacturing Workbench:
- Navigate to the Manufacturing app > Manufacturing Workbench
- On the Planner sub-tab, you can track the capacity planning overview of the selected work center, a resource group or a resource.
- To create a new Manufacturing order, click the “+Manufacturing Order” button located on the top right corner.
- Page navigates to the scheduler tab as shown
- Only the Products which are allowed for creating manufacturing orders will be listed.
- The manufacturing order product should have a Routing, Version, BOMs, Process, Process Cycles and Operations created.
- Use the Search by Product option which lists the Products, the search box gives control to search any nonlisted product.
- Select the Product and on the right-hand side specify the Quantity.
- By dragging the pointers on the time scale specify what time is required to complete the manufacturing order.
- Click on the Schedule MO button on the bottom of the screen.
- This will take to the manufacturing order screen.
View and modify the process schedule – Scheduler
- On the scheduler subtab of the Manufacturing workbench, view the Gantt chart of manufacturing orders in work centers view or orders view.
- To view the Gantt chart in various views like Time, Day, Week, Month and Year view, select the view options from the section above the Gantt chart.
- To reschedule the MO associated with the individual operation, simply drag and drop it the available new date/time. The changes are reflected in the manufacturing order record.
- To mark the percentage of progress of each manufacturing order, select the slider icon and drag it to display the progress.
- To make further changes to the orders, expand the manufacturing order by clicking the folder icon in front of it. All the work order related to the manufacturing order will be displayed under it.
- Click the work order to make any necessary changes and it will navigate to Job Execution page.
Starting a manufacturing order
- To carry out the manufacturing order click on the Builder subtab of the manufacturing workbench.
- Click the “Start” button to carry out the manufacturing order.
- Click the work order under each process cycle to carry out the job execution of each Action/Task associated with the work order.
- Once in the Worksheet tab of Job Execution, you can track the Operations that are to be completed in this process cycle.
- To carry out the Action/Task, select the action/task and click the “Start” button. Once the action/task has been started you can pause, finish and stop the Action/Task.
- To create an action/task for a specific work order, click the “New” button.
- To view the drawings of the action/task click the Drawings tab.
- The Time Tracking tab lets you track the time and duration of each Action/Task.
- Click the Resources tab to allocate the resource for the selected Action/Task. You will be presented with a screen below.
- Select the Resource group under the work planner
- Select the checkbox under the Action section to associate the resource with the selected resource group and click the “Save” button to create the resource allocation record.
- The Current Production tab gives the details of finished and scrapped products.
Create Serial Numbers/Batches.
Once all the operations have been completed, create the Serial Numbers/Batches to the finished product.
- On the Manufacturing Order tab click the Serial Number/Batches sub-tab.
- Click the “New” button to create a Serial Number or a Batch, you will be presented with a popup screen below.
- Enter the Serial Number or Batch Number and enter the Manufacturing, Availability and Expiration Dates
- Enter the Cost Price and click the “Save” button.