ERP Application Setup
Tip: Naming Conventions: Before you begin setting up the system decide and agree on your business naming conventions suitable for your business.
Account Naming Convention:
We recommend that you create multiple accounts for each company – one main (parent) account to store the corporate headquarters information and additional accounts for each office location. This allows you to associate individual contacts and opportunities to the correct office location.
For a company with three different offices, you can create four distinct accounts – one for the corporate headquarters and three additional accounts for each location. Use the same company name (e.g., Acme.com) for each account, and enter the office location (e.g., Headquarters or New
York) in the Account Site field. You can also associate each of the three locations to the corporate headquarters via the Parent Account field. The account hierarchy feature then allows you to see a global view of the parent company and all of its locations.
In order to start using ERP Application through respective record levels or using ePOS, the following information should be created in the system.
1. From Set up, go to User, and select Company field as “Solo” for Single Company and “Multi” for Multi-company deployment. (Note: If Company field is not listed add the field from page layout)
2. Organization Account creation *
3.Set Organisation Address *
4.Create a contact for Organisation *
5.Create Address for Organisation *
6. Create Business Unit *
7.Create Profiling *
8.Create Channel *
9. Create Sites (Warehouse) *
10. Create a Distribution Channel for the created Site*
11.Create Employee *
12. Create Products *
13. Create Price Books *
14. Create the Inventory/ Stocks for the products *
15. Create the Stock Inward Line Item *
16.Create a Tax Plan
18.Create Product Tax Allocation
20.Create Discount Plan
21.Create Tier Discount Allocation
23.Create a Product Subscription Plan Allocation