Capacity planning is the process of determining the production capacity needed in manufacturing a product. For an organization, capacity would be the ability of a given system to produce output within the specific period.
In Capacity Planning, we can get a daily overview of the work assigned to work centers or Resource Groups.
To Create Capacity Planning
- Navigate to the app menu > Capacity Planner.
- Create a new Capacity Planning record by clicking “New.”
- Select the Record type, labor or Machine depending on the capacity planning is for Human resource or Machine resource.
- Add capacity planner name, Start Date, and End Date.
- Specify the Weekend Start Day and Weekend End Day.
- Select Work Center, Site and Organisation.
- Make sure “Demand Aggregation” is Monthly.
- Click Save.
- In the Related list, we have Resource Groups, Resource Allocation, Capacities, and Demand.
The capacity plannings will be listed in the related list of the work center and also New can be created from here.