- By creating an Advance Invoice
Navigate to the related list of a sales order to create an Advance Invoice.
- Click on Create Invoice
- From the New Invoice Pop up select the Advance record type option and click on Next
- Select the Sales Order Line Items checkbox
- Enter the Total Down payment in percentage (Decimal value eg., 0.5 for 50%)
- Hit Save to create the Advance Invoice
Recording Payment for the Advance Invoice
- Navigate to the Finance Management App > Accounts Receivable
- The customer sub-tab lists all the customers and vendors.
- Select or search for the customer and navigate to the Invoices sub-tab which will list all the Invoices of this customer.
- The Invoices sub-tab lists all the Posted and Unposted invoices. Advance Invoices does not require posting.
- Click the drop-down button on the Invoice row and select Record Payment.
- Page navigates to the Customer Payment screen.
- Enter the Payment Amount first, then the Payment Account (i.e Bank Account) and cheque/transaction number if any.
- Select the line item by checkbox and click on Save or Save and Post.
- A payment created alert will show the Payment Number.
- If the Payment is not Save and Posted then navigate to the Payments sub-tab under Accounts Receivable tab and search with Payment Number.
- From the dropdown button on the payment row Post the Payment.
- An alert gives the payment posted successfully message.